We would prefer that your experience with SWD is that you walk away totally satisfied with our products and services.
There may be times when you need to return a product purchased from our headquarters or online store. Our Returns Policy is designed to assist you in returning your product.
We would like to remind you that the benefits given by our Returns Policy are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under Australian or New Zealand consumer law.
When to return a product
We offer you a replacement, credit or refund where products have a major failure, such as:
- When they are faulty,
- Wrongly described,
- Different from a sample shown to you; or
- Do not do what they are supposed to do
Obtaining a Return Number
We require that you obtain a Return Authorisation before returning the product and attach it to the goods you are returning. This assists us in tracking the return. In order to get a Return Authorisation number you will need to contact us:
Contact us on 1300 669 122 between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday or
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to issue you with a return number we will require the following information from you:
- Your invoice number (if you do not have an invoice you will need to provide proof of purchase via a bank statement or similar.)
- Date of Purchase
- Ordered from (either a salesperson or our online store)
- Your Name
- Telephone number
- Valid Reason for returning the product.
- Should a refund be approved and the original purchase was made with a credit/debit card, it is required that the refund be processed on the original debit/credit card, for that reason we will require those credit card details.
- It is required that the product be returned in the same condition as it was purchased (including fitting instructions, accessories and packaging).
Once we have the return document details, we can indicate the details the location the stock needs to be returned to.
Please do not send stock without a Return Authorisation as it will not be processed and returned back to you marked as sender to pay.
How long do I have to submit a warranty Claim?
Consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and New Zealand Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time period and can vary from product to product depending on factors such as the nature of goods, price and statements made on packaging and product labels.
We will assist you with further information about the warranty period for the product you return.
Please refer to our warranty statement found on our web site
Any expenses relating to the return of your product to SWD will normally have to be paid by you. And if deemed necessary SWD reserves the right to charge a handling fee of at least 10% to the value of the returned goods.
Assessing your return
Product Assessment: We may need to conduct an assessment of your product to determine whether a repair, replacement or refund is appropriate. Certain technical products may need to be sent to the manufacturer or an authorised fitment centre for assessment, such as:
- Catalytic Converters / Diesel Particulate Filters
- Customer orders – non-store stock items
Returning online or Drop ship purchases.
In Person: Return online or Drop ship purchases to the SWD branch where the stock originated from.
By post or courier: Liaise with our Customer Contact Centre on the below contacts, stock must be returned to the SWD branch where the stock originated from.
Phone: 1300 669 122
Between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday.
In some cases, a refund, replacement, or repair may not be offered if you:
- Stock cleanse – if the stock return includes stock from multiple invoices, then this is deemed a stock cleanse and requires that the SWD state managers approves the return, SWD reserves the right to reject the cleanse or if approved reserves the right to apply further charges.
- Modify the product.
- Misuse the product contrary to user instructions or packaging labels; or
- The item was purchased more than 7 days prior date of return.
- Simply change your mind.
Certain products are excluded under our Returns Policy unless they are faulty, these include:
- Products ordered in at your request.
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Your rights under the New Zealand Consumer Law
This Returns Policy is in addition to the conditions and guarantees which are mandatory as implied by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ).
For your nearest branch and or an authorized distributor
Contact us on 1300 669 122 between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday.
If you feel that your rights under consumer law or our Returns Policy have not been met, please forward your concerns in writing to:
Dispute Resolution Officer
SWD AUST PTY LTD
122-124 Compton Road
WOODRIDGE QLD 4114, AUSTRALIA.